Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas 2010 Part I

Every year we spend Christmas Eve with the Chaneys. We go to 5:00 Mass (which is the Children's Mass - meaning the children's choir sings). It's always fun to listen to the kids sing.

After Mass, we go back to the Chaney compound and we have the traditional Christmas pizza. This year was a real treat because David & Tanya were able to join us. This is Dylan's first Christmas and we were very excited that we got to participate in that.
The Chaney Family Christmas Tree.
Mia & Brendan watching to see where Santa is.
Tanya, Dylan and James.
I'm not sure what we were watching but it must have been really interesting. These two are totally engrossed.
I think A Christmas Story must have been on.
After pizza, we started opening gifts. Grandpa got a hat from one of the boys and Mia is helping hand out presents.
I think Dylan is unsure about what to make of this. Since this is his first Christmas, I can see where he'd be confused. I bet by next Christmas, he'll have the hang of things.
James, however, is an old pro at this. I think he was happy to get this....
"Santa", aka John, is handing out presents.
Dylan is cleaning up! He's surrounded by gifts.
Mia created a present stack which she then proceeded to go through. Based on the size of that present stack, I'd say she did pretty well this year.
Dylan is enjoying his new rattle.

We all had a great time hanging out and opening gifts. Let's do it again next year!

No comments: