Sunday, July 26, 2009

Excellent Weekend - Part 1

On Friday afternoon, my mom and Atticus came over to visit.
Atticus brought his Pokemon cards and he's showing them all to Uncle John.
We watched SpongeBob and iCarly and then we had pizza and chicken wings for dinner. I think Grandma is his personal cushion. He's always laying on her.

Afterwards, we went to the park for a little fun. This is the same park where, three years ago, I fell off the slide and hurt my backside, much to the amusement of my sister. I'm back to face the demon that is that slide!
Atticus came over to help me out, just in case. Luckily, this time, my trip down the slide was uneventful.
The merry-go-round. I was running trying to get some speed on this thing. Then, in the old days, I would jump on and ride it out. Well, I guess my jumping skills have really gone down because I missed and banged my knee on the metal. Yeah, that left a mark. Atticus & I are laying down because we were getting a little dizzy.
Next we got on the swings. I was showing him how he needed to pump his legs so that he could go high. Huge mistake on my part. Riding on the swing really makes me nauseous. At this point, I had to rest.
Grandma jumped in and became the merry-go-round pusher. She must have learned from my mistake - don't jump on!

Finally, we decided to work on something a little calmer. Atticus decided to build a sandcastle. He spent quite a bit of time filling the bucket and tamping down the sand. Then he asked me to turn it over. I lifted the bucket and....
Nothing. The sand wasn't wet enough to stay packed together.

After this we went back home to take nice cool showers. Then, Atticus and Uncle John were playing MX vs ATV - Untamed! It's a video game for the Playstation that Atticus' papa did the animation for.

Atticus was really good at this game. Uncle John, not so much. But we enjoyed watching Atticus play. Mom and Atticus slept over and we all went to breakfast the next morning. That was so fun!

No comments: